The rescheduled 2023 Annual General Meeting of
Meeting Room 2, Level One, Anvil House
138 Wakefield Street, Wellington
There are instructions for those who haven't used Zoom before at the bottom of the page.
Members who are unable to attend either in person or zoom may cast their votes on the resolutions by filling in a web form HERE:
We ask that any members who aren't attending please fill out the proxy form above as these votes will count towards the quorum for this meeting.
Please note- As attendance is only for financial members, please ensure that you are up to date with your subscription and, if not, pay via internet banking and let the office know you have done so.
Meeting ID: 893 8118 1607
- Confirmation of Minutes of 2022 AGM and matters arising
- Annual Report for the Society for 2022/23 (for adoption)
- Annual Financial Accounts to 31 March 2023 (for adoption)
- Presentation of 2023/24 budget (for adoption)
- Appointment of Auditor
- Election of Officers and Committee Members
- Closure of Annual General Meeting
You will need a computer / tablet or mobile device and a microphone if you want to ask questions . You do not need to have an account to join a zoom meeting but you can sign up here.
You can join via your web browser but we recommend downloading the zoom client / mobile app which you can download here
Meeting ID: 893 8118 1607
How to join a webinar by invitation link on a computer
To join a Zoom webinar such as the AGM, click the link that is provided on this web page or was in the email sent by Diabetes Wellington. The link is just a web address, so that will open your web browser and then either:
- start the webinar within your web browser; or
- load the Zoom desktop client, if that is installed, and join the webinar from that application.
- If you have never used Zoom before then you will probably be asked for permission to use the camera on your computer (if it has one) and to use the audio (microphone and speakers or headphones). At the very least you must grant access to audio as, otherwise, you won’t hear the meeting.
- If you are joining from your web browser you shouldn’t need a Zoom account, but if you are using the desktop application then you will need to register with Zoom which requires an email address. A free Zoom account is adequate for attending a webinar. Zoom will ask for your name and we’d be grateful if you would provide both your first and last names as we need a list of people to complete the attendance register.
- To keep things orderly, all webinar attendees will have their microphones muted, that way you can all hear the presenters.
- If you need to ask a question, you will find a “Q&A” button at the bottom of the Zoom window, clicking on that will allow you to type your question. Alternatively, if you need to speak to the meeting, there is a “raise hand” button that signals the webinar controller and they will unmute you at an appropriate time so that you can voice your question. Please note that it’s better to use the Q&A function as the room doesn’t have the sophisticated sound equipment that would be required for everyone in the room to hear you, so the presenter will need to repeat your question or comments, and that would be easier if the question were in written form via the Q&A function.
- When motions are being considered, a “poll” will appear onscreen and you simply choose one of the two options given, i.e. do you support or oppose the motion. Please respond as quickly, as possible as each poll will only be open for a couple of minutes.
Example of what you will see on the screen:
(please note that you may not be able to see all of the controls depending on what the host has enabled)
How to join a webinar by invitation link on a mobile
1. Download the zoom app from the app store (IOS Iphone) or the google play store (Android)
2. Open the zoom meeting link in your mobile browser and then enter your name and email then press continue and enter your name and email.
OR open the zoom app and press "Join a Meeting". Enter the meeting ID (893 8118 1607). Make sure to turn on "Turn Off My Video" if you do not wish to appear on camera. Enter your name (and email if asked).
3. Press Join
4. Enter the password if asked (031017)
5. Wait for webinar to begin !